Monday 30 July 2012

                                My Own African Wedding Photography


This is a photo that I took at my sister's traditional Zulu wedding whereby I tried to emulate the likes of the well known photographer Emil Wessels. In this part of a Zulu traditional wedding called "uMhlabiso", for Zulu people it is not just a covenant between two people, but it is covenant between two families. This part of the wedding where by the two families exchange gifts in symbol of their covenant. I tried to emulate wedding photo's taken by Emil Wessels but instead I chose an African angle, something I relate better to; my culture.
                                                                     
                                                                               

No comments:

Post a Comment